A Year in Review :: 2010

Hello and Happy New Year! We took a bit of a blogging "hiatus" as we wrapped up the end of 2010, enjoyed the Holidays and settled into the New Year. We have been hard at work on a new website that will launch very soon as well.

Before we dive back into our "regularly scheduled blogging," I thought it would be lovely to review all of the fun we had in 2010.

Early last year I headed to our Virginia office for a photo shoot that would later be our first feature on Style me Pretty.


In February we were asked to style a shoot for Bride and Bloom Magazine. I will offer you an itsy-bitsy sneak peek. We look forward to seeing the feature in their next issue.


As Spring and Summer rolled around, there were lots of wonderful weddings including Atlanta Hawks player Josh Smith's wedding at the St. Regis, which was one of the largest weddings {from a production stand point} we have ever done (thousands of crystals hanging from the ceiling... etc...). I cannot share the decor images quite yet as the wedding is slated to be featured in one of our favorite bridal publications, but, again, here is one teeny tiny little sneak peek:


We were honored with wonderful press this year. Features on some of our favorite blogs such as Style me Pretty and Green Wedding Shoes as well as being named one of Atlanta's "Top 10 Most Influential Event Planners" by Occasions Magazine and "Best of Weddings" 2010/2011 by The Knot were stand out moments.


I traveled A LOT this year including for two destination weddings. Kate and Mark's wedding was in one of the most scenic spots you can imagine in Vail, Colorado.

Personal Photo

and Katharine and Kyle's wedding was in beautiful Boston on the historic Harvard campus.


October was an amazing month! I went to the Engage conference again (one of seven or eight business conferences I attended this year), which is always beyond my wildest expectations. The speakers are the best of the best in the bridal industry and the attention to details, decor, food- everything- is unparalleled. This year the event was held at the beautiful and historic Breakers in Palm Beach.

Photos via SW from Mel Barlow

Later in the month I attended bridal fashion market in New York City and reported back on the latest trends for Atlanta Weddings Magazine. So many gorgeous gowns...

Photos via Wed Obsession via Brides.com

I wrapped up October styling a photo shoot for the cover of Occasions Magazine (full blog post coming right up...).


I took a very big leap in November and spoke- for the first time- to a group of event professionals at The Party Goddess "Uncensored" conference in Los Angeles. Although I was extremely nervous, it was so much fun!


In December I was thrilled to travel back to New York City to help Get Married and my sweet friend and wedding planner Annie Lee from Daughter of Design with the first ever wedding in Times Square and it was on New Year's Eve!! It was absolutely one of the most surreal experiences of my life to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve and watch the ball drop. Stay tuned for our next post with more images from and details about this truly unique event!

Personal Photo

Phew! What a year! Looking forward to all that 2011 has in store. Cheers!

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on an amazing year! I'm sure 2011 will be just as awesome (and certainly just as busy). Thanks again for all your help in making our wedding day absolutely incredible!

Alicia Rohan said...

I feel like I should have champagne in my hand ready to cheers you. What a great year! Congrats!

Kristy Dickerson said...

Fabulous 2010! Now bring on 2011! So awesome!

Latrice of Opulent Couturier said...

Congrats on a successful 2010!! I know you will rock the socks off of 2011. Best of luck.

Sharon Sedano said...

Congrats on such an eventful 2010. Hopefully, 2011 will be just as fruitful.

Lindsey Stipes said...

visiting your blog for the first time!! Pictures are amazing...love the green and pink wedding theme colors!! Things have changed a lot since I got married almost 10 years ago!!